I am thrilled to have such an avid gardener join us! Welcome to Weeds & Wildflowers, Crystalclearcandace ♥ You are now one of our contributors.
Good first step — crediting your photos! All submissions must have an image, whether yours or one from Unsplash or another free photography site. All must be credited. If you are using a photo of someone you know, say, your sister’s, you must credit her and add “used with permission” or something like that.
Here are the instructions for submitting:
- Once your piece is ready, click on the 3 dots in the upper right-hand corner of the page that are to the left of the little notifications bell
- Click on the top choice “Add to publication”
- Under the publications list, choose Weeds & Wildflowers (which is probably the only one you have if you don’t write for any others)
- At the bottom of the window, click “Select and continue”
- Now you will have a green button at the top of the page with your piece that says “Submit” — click that
- A new window opens and it should say “Submitting to Weeds & Wildflowers”. Beneath that is a place to select up to 5 tags. Choose your tags.
- Once your tags are chosen, click the green “Submit to publication” button
You will get a notification when your piece is published. I typically publish 4–6 pieces a day but with this pandemic and so many people at home, I’ve been getting many more submissions and had to start published 8–12 times a day! I give preference to first submissions, though.
Let me know if you have any questions or problems. You can always email me: firstname.lastname@example.org