Welcome to our Garden, Nanette Schieron, I’ve added you as a contributor to Weeds & Wildflowers. As you are very new to Medium, I assume you don’t know about submitting to a publication. Here is some information to help you through the process. If you have any problems or questions, feel free to email me at email@example.com.
Write your piece — be sure to give credit for any images, including your own. All submissions must have at least one credited image.
- Once your piece is ready, click on the 3 dots in the upper right-hand corner of the page that are to the left of the little notifications bell
- Click on the top choice “Add to publication”
- Under the publications list, choose Weeds & Wildflowers (which is probably the only one you have if you don’t write for any others)
- At the bottom of the window, click “Select and continue”
- Now you will have a green button at the top of the page with your piece that says “Select” — click that
- A new window opens and it should say “Submitting to Weeds & Wildflowers”. Beneath that is a place to select up to 5 tags. Choose your tags.
- Once your tags are chosen, click the green “Submit to publication” button
All submission should be a draft — which is a piece that has not been previously published, even on your own home page. Submissions automatically post in the original publication date order. So, if your piece was published say on April 1st, it won’t show up on the main page of Weeds & Wildflowers. That is why it is important to only submit drafts.
Good luck and I look forward to your first submission, Nanette!